Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Beauty and the Beessss

There's this pot of plant in my garden that is currently flowering, producing sweet and pleasant frangrant. Many bees were attracted. I got the chance to snap some photos. I always thought that it's easy to snap those kind of pictures where bees or butterflies were resting on the flowers. It's DIFFICULT and TIRING! The flying creatures never stay still, and that makes focusing, adjustment of aperture and determination of shutter speed a huge challenge. It took me almost an hour to just produce the photos below. I'm abit regret on buying this Sony A100, the auto-focusing is too slow to snap any moving subject. I ended up using manual focus. Believe me, manual focus IS much faster then the auto-focus.





If you intend to snap photos of moving things, or your kids (who's active and constantly moving around), or sports, or outdoor activities, Sony A100 is NOT the camera to buy. But they Sony cameras produces crispy clear photos... sigh....

4 comments:

kok@un said...

Are you trying to make your own "Bee Movie"? hehehe...

Josh said...

No lah.. the bee movie not nice one.

Shah said...

Haha.. Tried snapping some bugs before with exactly the same problem on my Olympus. Manual focusing did the trick but I wish I had better lens. Dekat sikit aje abis semua terbang...

Josh said...

Hi Shah, thanks for dropping by. I was actually using a 50mm standard lens, with the help of a enlargement filter. Saya sebenarnye dekat je ngan bees tu, lebih kurang 1 kaki.