Sunday, March 16, 2008

Return of the Spring?

I spent some time on my garden this morning. I was amazed by the number of flowers blooming. Most of my plants are leafy but the amount of blossoming flowers surprised me. So I took out my DSLR and took these photos. All of them are flowers.

This is lindah jin (erm, don't know the name in English). Yes, it flowers again, the second time this year. The first time was in January. This really surprises me.

Then there's this pot of flower from Cameron Highland. Actually my mum-in-law took the seeds while we were there last September. Then she germinated them and gave me some of the seedlings. Those found in Cameron Highland produces much larger flower. Maybe because of the heat down here, the flowers are smaller.

The water lilies, the blueish white and the purple. They produces flowers whole year round. Not a single day without flowers.


Don't know what's the name for this one. In fact I don't really know the name of most of my plants. (Malunyerrr). It's pink, Pinky's colour.

The rose. This pot of rose also flowers throughout the year.

And there're these white flowers of various sizes. Don't know their name.



The spider plant. Producing small flowers along the runner stem, with a small plantlet at the end.

The plant below really surprised me. The cactus plant (yikes, I really don't know what it called, but there're considered as cactus) produces a very long flower stalk with small flower buds along the stalk.

Last but not least, even the plastic flowers also blooming? Cantik, kan?

Clearly, with these flowers blooming in my garden, it's official that the spring returns. Macaaaam ler Malaysia ni ada spring ye...

6 comments:

:: NbC :: said...

Josh, its lidah jin lah.. (not gin) ;-)

bestnye garden banyak bunga2an.. tenang idup..

baru tau water lily kt ur masthead tu dtg dr garden sendirik.. cantik tu..

[danial][ma] said...

hej! hahahahaha...spring in malaysia...nice...coincidently with UK...

Beruang Madu said...

wahhhh... ini petanda baik Josh. Kalau dlm umah pet kita baik maknanya kehidupan kita makin baik. Kalau dlm umah tanaman kita subur berbunga beri tanda kehidupan kita juga semakin baik.... bagusnya... Abg harap taman abang yg seciput tu pun berbunga jugak...

Josh said...

[pinky] Oh ya ya ya... sorry cikgu. Lidah jin namanyer. Dah biasa sangat eja gin.

Yes, the pic on the masthead memang dari garden sendiri. Tenkiu-tenkiu.

[danial] No daffodils here but lily banyak. hehehe. Erm.. tak update-update pun apa yg Danial buat

[beruang madu] Ye ke? eh, bagusnyer kalo camtu. Last time abg nak tengok bunga lidah jin tu tak dapat. Kali ni kalo abg nak tengok dan cium bau dia yg wangi, boleh ler datang rumah ye.

Walau taman abg tu x berbunga pun, tuan rumah dia tetap berbunga-bunga (ceria-ceria), tu lagi bagus.

[danial][ma] said...

hej! now is easter holiday but busy banging my head to clear the paper works...

Josh said...

[danial] ok ok.. Work smart. Take care.