Friday, March 21, 2008

Dining at Bombay Palace Restaurant -- The Food

If you like curry and spice-rich food, the Bombay Palace Restaurant is the place to dine. I love curry. I love the spice's after-taste in my mouth that mingles for a while. No kissing immediately after having these food. hehe

This restaurant serves a wide range of Southern Indian food, ranging from appertizers, to vegie curry, seafood curry, chicken, meat, mutton, all the way to spiced desserts. We ordered at least one from each category. I'm abit set back by the name of the dishes. All in indian, and we had to read the descriptions of the dishes one by one before we can decide what to have.

To start with, the mutton. A blunt, maybe it's dry without gravy.

The season mixed vegie stir fried with spices. Not really the kind of mixed vegie we used to have in our local restaurant. But taste good. A bit oily though.

I love the naan bread. We ordered 4 types. We had garlic naan, chicken naan (they named it palace naan), mixed raisin naan and plain naan.

This is my favourite, the boneless fish cubes cook with curry riched creamy gravy.

Most of us ordered mango lassie, but Abg Bear and Arel ordered this soda lime.

I like the way they serve the dessert, but I personally think that the portion is too small, and not cheap. That small portion (small enough to clean them in two gulps) is easily costlier then a large set of Big Mc. We ordered the spiced ice-cream, and fruit salad with spiced yogurt.


All in all, it was a good but costly experience dining in this restaurant. Another restaurant worth going is the D'Tandoor, with several branches in the Klang Valley.

16 comments:

awieworld said...

erm, nyam nyam and nyam...

budleee said...

hmm i wonder if its the same with bombay spice and spice of india at pavillion??

wahdi said...

Luv the last pic!

Josh said...

[awie] Yup, it's very sedaplicious.

[Bud] Hm... i've no idea, I'd never been to Pavillion yet (I know, but believe it).

[Wahdi] O ya, that's one of my favourite too. It's like the focus is on the flower, yet providing 'stories' at the background.

Josh said...

[Wahdi] ops, flower pulak, baru perasan, the salad.

Chen said...

Pavillion? What's that?

Josh said...

[chen] pavillion, the new shopping mall in KL.

[danial][ma] said...

hej! whoah! so rich the food...maybe need 50 laps to burn all...hehehehehee...

axim said...

quite shocked when u said that u love curry..

Josh said...

[danial] So, 50 laps not enough la but 50 thighs or 50 tummy enough la. (aik? apa kaitan?)

[axim] o yes, I love curry, but not all type ler. Suka kari kepala ikan. Sedaaaaap.
I know many ganu x suka. At leat all of my ganu friends memang x suka lah.

[danial][ma] said...

hej! 50 thighs, 50 tummies...hahahahaha...no understand...hehehehehe...run2 save your life!

Chen said...

ho ho... i know... just pretending to be jakun!

MIM said...

Wonderful pictures. :-D What more can I say. The food comes to life here. Best la DSLR ni. Hopefully I will get to be a DSLRian when I'm back in KL. Heee!

Teach me hor brother? ;-D

Josh said...

[danial] swim to save my life.

[chen] ooo, ic, ic. Ok Jakun Tarzan.

[mim] Welcome to the club, mim. No member fees required. So no problem teaching u, if I'm qualified. hehe

Beruang Madu said...

Oh food food... pelik pelik nama diorang bagi, jadi kitorang oder ikut sebutan local lah.... ayam kari lah daging kambing bakar lah... tapi jadinya lain, rupa lain, bentuk lain... but sedap.... memang betul tu Josh,... tak leh pegi selalu

Josh said...

[beruang madu] Seronon berdinner ngan abg. Maner-maner pun x kisah.