Saturday, January 26, 2008

He prepared lunch, she baked cookies

It's Saturday again. I slept late last night trying to finish up some paperwork and found myself difficult to wake up this morning. So wife brought mum-in-law to the wet market alone. I went to pick up a parcel from the post office branch nearby.

My wife was trying out a new cookie recipe, she wanted to bake some cookies for CNY. Since she's busy with the baking thingy, I got myself busy in the kitchen, preparing lunch. A simple soup, and some 'yong-tau-fu'. Actually, the original 'yong-tau-fu' refers to bean curds stuffed with minced meet or fish. Tau-fu refers to bean curd in chinese, while the word 'yong' mean stuffing. It's a Hakka (one of chinese dialect) dish. These were my cooking: steamed stuffed bitter gourd (my mum's recipe), and braised stuffed dried bean curd or 'tau-pok'.


Wife tried out the new recipe from my aunt. I think it's 'kuih makmur', kot.


They turned out to be very nice, yummy. I'd booked one container for myself and myself alone. Hehehehe..
My wife will baked some other cookies some other day. Mostly to be given out to friends and relatives, and of course for our friend in UK too.

4 comments:

[danial][ma] said...

hej! take some pics on arrowhead chips preparation too...so later i can do it too in UK...

[danial][ma] said...

hej! i miss pineapple tart too...hehehehehehe...and the cookies look yummy for my CNY celebration over here..will invite a few friends to join my CNY reunion dinner...you both invited! heheheheh...

Josh said...

[danial] waaa..... got CNY reunion dinner oso ah? aiseymen. Good lad. We'll be there, 6.30pm right? hehehe

See if auntie is gonna make some more arrowhead chips. Will snap some photos then.

awieworld said...

kuih makmur?..my favo... ahaks