Friday, June 6, 2008

Choose Love

It's not the kind of choices that you have to made to decide which one you love, it's otherwise. Pilih kasih is the phrase in Bahasa Malaysia, 'favouritism' in English. It's the kind of situation where you'd decided which one u like and you'll love, protect and even defend even when the person you'd chosen is nothing compare to others. Sound normal? I don't know.

I guess it's quite common in Malaysian culture. This 'choose-love' issue arises when we did the SWOT analysis for our work place. It was listed among our weaknesses. But the top people brushed it aside, trying to cover that no such thing had happened. But then it's the staff's feedback, obviously some (read 'some' obviously it's more then one person) had been victimized. No matter how good you are and how hard working you are, you won't get the praises. But someone who did minimal alteration on other peoples hard work get all the credits.

Why people like to 'choose-love' and in the end failed to appreciate the brilliant works of some parties? Some would say it's 'gatal', so would say it's 'miang', or they have 'something' in between. But I'm clueless. By the way, you might be asking if I'm one of the victim. Well, to certain degree, I felt I was. And I felt I am. For one thing, my gender is not to their taste (luckily), and I don't wear pretty dresses and sweet scent to please them.

I would like to describe further on my situation (and situations of other victims) but doing this will disclose the identity of the person(s).That's not my intention. My colleagues read my blog.

Yes, I have some grudges over this issue, but I'm glad I'm not one of their 'choose-love'. I don't have any hatred towards any party either, for I think it's a norm in Malaysian culture. I'll just have to work much harder. Not to please them but to prove that I'm capable even without their pilih kasih.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe....siannye....Itulah suruh tukar imej taknak, kan takde org nak pilih.Sapela yg "choose love' tukan????Sape makan cili dialah yg terasa pedasnye...hehehehe...(datin)

Josh said...

[Datin] Pandai datin buat ayat. Tapikan, kalo saya tukar imej pakai baju kurung dan makeup, mau semua lari bertempiaran.

azizi said...

better wear the black satin lingerie instead. chance you will be getting higher. heh..heh..heh pewittttss..

* anyway josh, this pilih kasih is happening all the time. really sucks.
.. one of the computer programmers when i was with company !@#$%, is a totally dumb blonde stereotype. sexy, kinky (opsss) but stupid.
~ so kerja dia mengarah org and minta org ajar dia semua benda. end up kerja dia jumpa bos 24 jam .. yaikss.

Josh said...

[azizi] ayo... pakai lingerie ka? or two piece swim suit. Mana sexy?? Tapi bulu kaki lebat... takut dia tengok.

Yuh, it sucks.

Sableh said...

Thanx, sbb tengok my blog. Actually, sbb selalu tengok blog U la, I teringin nak buat blog sendiri.

azizi said...

or possing mcm kate winslet in the titanic movie .. "scene yg ada .. i'm wearing this .. only this".. tp kena la shave satu body ... ha ha ha ...

axim said...

its really sucks to be in the pilih kasih tragedy...one of my fren experience that..it just like ince ur boss did'nt like u,forever he will hate u no matter how ghood u are..da one that do nothing stay steadily....hmmm
Poor him..already resign a month ago..

ainmuttaqin said...

mcm isu panas je..sapa yg pilih kasih?sapa yg terpilih dikasih?sapa gatal?sapa miang? kesian saya ketinggalan..anyway josh, sabar jelah..manusia mmg mcm2..saya amik ayat josh..

"Tabah Josh, u had gone through lot's of hurdles, this is nothing to u, kan? :)"
have a nice weekend..

Inah said...

hye josh..kat my place pun ade benda ni..cuma x dela sbb pakaian..tapi sebab pandai bodek boss..

me?just being me..buat keje ikut masa n show the hardwork and it pays :)

i'm sure..sooner or later they will recognized u dear..kalo tak..jom migrate :)

i'm planning to apply for PR in oz..hopefully..

josh..hope we can meet before i'm off to oz..my flight would be in august :)

Josh said...

[sableh] o ye ke? tenkiu-tenkiu. You'd picked up very fast. U got nice blog too.

[azizi] Josh budak-budak lagi, tak faham apa yang Pakcik Zizi cakap tu ;-P

[axim]Tu lah, bukan setakat yang victim tu kesian, yang kena pilih tu pun kesian kekadang.

[ain]Hangat, memang hangat. Nak tau? Balik sini kita sembang lebar panjang. 2 hari pun mungkin x cukup masa.
Eh, ayat tu macam pernah dengar je, dari mana dapat tu??

[Danial] Pesal delete comment?

[inah] o yah, Josh cadang kita gi tupai-tupai. nak?

[danial][ma] said...

hej! i just don't wanna 'choose-love', that's why deleted my previous posts...hehehehehe...

Josh said...

[danial] lorr...

shahril aley said...

tringat zaman skolah dulu. ade la sorg cikgu ni mmg syg gile dgn sorg murid pasai kepandaian & bakat die dalam bidang art. mmg ketara layanan cikgu tu hingga murid yg lain perasan tapi nak buat macamane terima saja la.

bile klua result SPM, favorite student tu tak dpt skor A1 & suddenly student lain yg tak dijangka dapat. ermm cikgu menafikan kebolehan student yg tidak disangka itu & tak boleh terima hakikat bahawa kalau student yg tak berbakat juga boleh berjaya kalau mereka bekerja lebih keras.

Josh said...

[shahril] betul tu! Tu le, kita jangan ler pilih kasih sangat. Kena bagi peluang kepada semua orang.