Friday, June 27, 2008

Aiyo...Scandal (Eeeeewwww)

Remember the Choose love entry? A bunch of us had lunch together just now and this issue arises again. Worst still, it seems that the issue had slowly metamorphosed into scandal.

I don't usually get myself into this type of thing. But if I got victimized, I will not remain silent. One of my scientific research projects is coming to an end soon and there were quite an amount of grant left (more then 40K). But I was refrained from using the grant. No clear reason given.

On the other hand, someone can use the money for all the person wanted to, even to the extend of traveling oversea. I don't blame this person, really. The question is, why this person can, and I can't?? Worst still, the grant is from MOSTI, under my name. And I was pissed off when I was told I can't use the money any more, unless on things that he want me to spend on, which to me is a total waste of money. I can't get hold of the money without his signature.

Latest news about this issue was rather scandalous. Apparently, some feeling and emotion were slowing developing, single sidedly. Eeeewwww......

When the root cause of any favouritism is all about liking (and loving), it's just.. EEEEEWWWWWW.........

16 comments:

Arel said...

I hate injustice.. There's always clear line between right & wrong.

Josh said...

Yuh Arel. Favouritism suck. Injustice is just intolerable.

[danial][ma] said...

hej! josh...justice pao!

Anonymous said...

What do you think of your TNC being asked by the new State govn't to leave his office?

Kembara Musafir said...

huaaaa.... like that one huh..? so scandalous one... one sided lak tuh... ini boleh jadik citer drama swasta... Josh, buat ler script utk drama nih, sure bestnyer bila baca.... serious...!:)

Josh said...

[danial] hm... come to think of it, if you put a 'anak bulan' sign on your forehead, you definitely look like Uncle Pao. hehehe

[anon] TNC or NC?? Asking the NC to leave is a totally unfair move. He did great things and nothing wrong. Someone else did. I'm surprised and sad.

[king-kong] Yuh, very the scandalous one. Kalo Josh tulis script, kecoh nanti satu drama penuh dengan maki hamun. hahahahah....

azizi said...

josh, pretty sad to hear that. it was happened to me as well, ..
but thing was solved when we brought this thing into a meeting. It seems that a former director has some internal problems with one of our fac. members. The thing i hate most is - injustice. 'favoritism is one thing. * sampai bila nak maju mcm ni kan ..?

Chen said...

time to leave for greener pastures!

syukur said...

i love scandal... ha ha.... nah..just joking ... where can u find a total justice nowadays josh ??? NO WHERE...

Inah said...

mmm..josh..kat sini pun sama jugak..being an academician is tough rite :(

MISS J said...

oopsie!!!

this is interestingg...can't help it, but I have the person's name in mind already. Too bad ;(

The NC news kecoh even here, ppl asking me wat's goin on. Manela saya tau....ish3

Josh said...

[azizi] I can tolerate favouritism in moderation. But when the person involved are two generation apart, that just eeww... I'm sorry to know about your experience.

[Chen-chen] This pasture is green actually, just some spots of dirt here and there.

[syukur] I totally agree! tak adil, kan?

[Inah] Give me FIVE! memang, susah jadi academician.

[Miss J] U got the name in mind already? aiyoo... pandainyer... hehehe

Yuh, mana ler u tau, Saya yg kat sini pun x tahu menahu.

PUTUBAMBU said...

nothing perfect in this world josh..!

favouritism is part of certain people's life... nothing can't stop that..

Josh said...

[Putu] tu ler kan. We just do our best.

shahril aley said...

bersabar ye josh
moga segala perkara berlaku ade hikmahnya (josh paham kan)
opis aley pun ade gak org mcm tu
die smuanye boleh buat
bile org lain smua die nak sekat

Josh said...

[Shahril] Thanks for the encouragement. Ye lah, kita kena sabar je lah.