Friday, October 12, 2007

I'm All Alone in The Office

It's the eve of Hari Raya Eid. As usual, I go for work early to avoid the traffic. As I reached my office at 7.30am, this is what I saw (photo taken with my handphone, low quality):


I had the normally packed car park to myself.

Working in a majority Malay (muslim) workplace would make you feel that you're entering a haunted building with no one else but you during festive season like this. I'm not the one that afraid of ghost (not that I don't believe in the spiritual realm) and I actually enjoyed the quietness in the office. The quietness allows me to accomplish a few paper work in just an hour. Impressive.

I had a moment of pondering this morning (Did'nt expect to reach office that early, the traffic was amazingly clear.). I came to realized how much I'd missed the wonderful moments of fasting month in the previous years. Though I'm not a muslim, fasting month would also mean that I'll be fasting (hate having meals all by myself) together with my colleagues and friends. In the end of the day, we would go for 'buka puasa'(breaking fast) together. I used to get alot of invitation for 'buka puasa' and I cherished the wonderful moments. This year was different. Everyone in the office was extremely busy. No 'buka puasa' together. And one of my best friend (malay) had just left last month (to further his study in the UK). In fact he left during puasa month last year and came back this year for summer holidar. We used to go to various places to try out the yummy 'juadah' or sometimes would just drop by at 'pasar ramadhan' and buy some delicacies and had the 'buka puasa' at my place. I missed those moment, really.

It's Raya tomorrow, I would like to wish all my muslim friends and colleagues a Joyous and Memorable Hari Raya Eid. Maaf, Zahir dan Batin.

2 comments:

[danial][ma] said...

hej!
great reading the postings and i am sure that this ramadhan and eid won't be like before...you posing like 'maut' in TT's blog...great pics...hehehhee...whoah! become model already...hehehehe...

i am using my friend's computer to check your blog...won't be able to blogging for sometimes...

ok...keep posting...and make sure you take some pics with your new camera...cheers!

Josh said...

Cikgu Danial, sila jawab soalan-soalan bahasa saya. Tenkiu.