Friday, February 13, 2009

I Slide My Curtain, And I Smile With Joy

After loosing our factory to the fire and the huge amount of money that we'd invested in it, we had been busy trying to recover and start from zero again. Time seems to fly so fast that we can only accomplish so little in a day, eager to do more and try harder the next day.

One beautiful morning as I woke up and went downstair, the living room seems to be devoid of life. Probably because there's little light penetrating through the curtain. I neared the window and slowly slide the curtain to a side.

But something moving caught my attention and I stopped. Something that brought joy to me. In an instant, i was in a complete standstill, admiring the little graceful creature doing it's business.

It's a bird, building a nest on the palm three beside my window. It;s only about a feet away from the window. I quickly took out my DSLR, assembled the zoom lens and talking photos from afar, fearing that i might scared it off.

As graceful and chirpy a bird can be, this bird had made my day. And this had reminded me that we don't have to worry too much about tomorrow, for God will provide if we have faith in Him. God take care of the birds and the flowers, what less would God do to us?


I showed my wife the photos that I'd taken, and she was equally excited too. Now, we keep the curtain closed everyday, and would peep through the curtain to check this beautiful bird out. As much as we yearn for a child, we're looking forward to see the bird to have it's companion, and to lay an egg or too.

As I write this entry, one particular song lingers in my mind: "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin. Yah, Don't worry about tomorrow. Oooo...Oooo....Ooo....oooo........ (start singing)

13 comments:

kak ja said...

Love this entry, Josh!!

U're right, Josh.. kekdg kita worry too much about tomorrow.. sdgkan Tuhan tahu apa yg terbaik buat kita..

Have a nice weekend, Josh!!

:: NbC :: said...

ye Josh, He has a better plan for us
:-)

Anak Jawa said...

teringin nk jadi burung...
terbang jauh2....

azizi said...

the ordinary miracle.
only the inner eyes can see.
.....
it is a good omen.
i assume. ;-)

[danial][ma] said...

hej! josh...;-)

yazrie said...

macam baca CERPEN pulak..hehehehhee...

kok@un said...

这象征着新的开始。
Ah Josh,重新出发!
勇往直前!

Josh said...

[Kak Ja] Thanks. It's a reminder to myself, and am glad to know that i reminds u as well. Kita sama-sama be strong, OK!

[Pinky] Oh YES!

[AJ] nak jadi burung apa?? Burung kakak tua kat office Josh dah ada dua.

Josh said...

[Aizizi] Yah, good Omen, I can see my branded lugguage coming from Amsterdam, as requested. ;-P

[Danial] Yo Danial, hope things are getting better for you.

[Yaz] ya cikgu, ini cerpen. Cerpen pendek namanyer.

[kok@un] Thanks! it's true indeed.

budleee said...

dont worry be happy

doo doo doo doo doo doo :p

AnakPkn said...

Josh, Orang Tua2 cakap (kita pun dah tua dah !), kalau burung buat sarang dekat rumah, itu petanda ada rezeki nak datang. Siap2lah, entah2 tak lama lagi, you & your wife will get more 'untung' after the recent lost in business Or be blessed with the little ones. Pray and 'Tango' hard ! he he.

PUTUBAMBU said...

sejuk je hati tgk burung ngan pokok2 hijau kat rumah josh tu...

Josh said...

[Bud] Yeaay, jom nyanyi...

[AnakPkn] Harap-harap macam tu la katanya. Thanks.
Erm.... Josh rajin bertango ngan wife. ooops. hahahaha

[Putu] Sejuk mata memandang jugak.