Monday, December 15, 2008

Ma and Pa, Happy Birthday!

One of the reasons of me and my wife went back to Kuching last week was to celebrate mum and dad's birthday. Mum and dad's birthday is only 10 days apart, so we celebrate their birthday together every year.

It's mum's 70th and dad's 78th birthday. I praise God for His blessings on my parents. Both my parents are still very healthy, and had just came back from a holiday trip to Hainan Island, China. I can still remember vividly how dad had worked until midnight everyday while we were small, just to earn enough money to feed us 7 siblings (He earned RM150 per month by then). While mum had to take care 2 hectares of pepper field to get extra income for the family. Now that 6 of their 7 children are degree holder, while 1 obtained technical certificate, my parents are contented.

We had pre-celebration in the morning. Cake cutting, mesmerizing good old time, sipping coffee or tea...

Then invited a few relatives and friends to a dinner at a restaurant. Dad like 'meriah' environmnent. His grandchildren (my nieces) sang him and mum two songs, dad was grinning ear to ear.


I love you Ma, I love you Pa. Happy Birthday and may God keep you both well and healthy.

16 comments:

azizi said...

sejuk perut ibu mengandungkan Josh dan adik beradik lain. Puas hati bapa bertungkus lumus utk semua.
:-)

[danial][ma] said...

hej! josh...my birthday wish to both uncle and auntie...happy 78th and 70th birthdays with lots of love and joy and great health...

Josh said...

[Azizi] Yes, I'm very thankful. And their hard work had paid off. It's our turn to take care of them.

[Danial] Thanks on behalf of my mum and dad. Lots of hugs and kisses from them too! hahaha

[danial][ma] said...

hej! josh...thank you for the hugs and the kisses...the much needed...hehehehe...;-)

Sankai said...

speechless with amazement. (mouth wide open).

Good for you bro!

Cheers,

nazzman ibrahim said...

happy birthday dari nazz untuk uncle n auntie semoga happy selalu...

syukur said...

your parents look very cute together ..still loving each other at a very veteran age.

kak ja said...

Ur parents nampak muda!!

2L2M.... said...

Josh....the old chinese saying: "Home got one old like got one precious"...direct translating...hehehee. You have TWO!!! Treasure them...:)

I am sure the coming big 80th birthday would be even a bigGER celebration?? :)

Happy birthday to Uncle & Auntie...

axim said...

happy birthday to ur ma & dad..

Josh said...

[Sankai] Why speechless?? hahahahah Thanks.

[Danial] Uncle & auntie still remember you very well, 'the one who brought us to Aquarium KLCC'.. hahaha

[Nazz] Tenkiu Nazz!

[Syuk] well, they still fight, still argue, but also still very loving. They'd just came back from the 'honeymoon' in Hainan.

Josh said...

[Kak Ja] I know, I got their genes. hahahaha

[2L2M] Yup! I got two treasure at home. Love them.

[Axim] Thanks bro.

PUTUBAMBU said...

diorang nampak loving couple..

happy birthday Apa & Ama Josh!!

Josh said...

[Putu] Xie xie ni!

Faisal Admar said...

happy birthday pa and ma. wo ye ai ni.

Faisal Admar said...

tambahan...

ang pao lai lai. gong xi nie gong xi ni. ni zhu zai na li? lai lai ;)