Thursday, June 4, 2009

Work vs Family

I'd purchased the air tickets for my parents to fly over from Kuching about two months ago. To ensure smooth running of my holiday with my parents, arrangements were made and hotels were booked. Necessary payment were done. Itenerary was planned. My wife did her own planning and had allocated the week for our very own family holiday. I was excited.

However, just about a week before my parents arrive, I received a letter from the management requiring me to attend an important meeting and training which coincide with my holiday itinerary. The management deem the meeting to be very important and was made compulsory to all senior staff. I was in dilemma.

I was repeatedly reminded to attend the meeting. But after a deep thought, i had decided to choose my family. The management was unhappy. Questions were asked. I stood firm on my decision.

It's not the money that i concerned, though thousands of ringgit for the tickets and arrangement were already paid. It's what I treasure in my life. Work will never end, but parents and wife will not be with us forever. My parents are aging. Dad is 79, while mum is 71. I would do anything to make them happy, and spending my hard earn money to have them with us in our holiday is just priceless.

So i chose my family, my parents and my wife. Work will have to be brushed aside.

23 comments:

eQbalzack said...

mak aiii...bertepek kertas kat tepi josh tu...banyak keja lagi ke??

mcmane nak lepak starbuck mcm ni...hehe

Lifebook said...

I will do the same.. Family go first!!!

@xiM said...

and that's the way it is..

Keats The Sunshine Girl said...

Great going! You're a good son.
You're right. Work is never ending.

PUTUBAMBU said...

good decision...

family comes first..!

:: NbC :: said...

Josh,
gd decision - i'll do the same, time 4 Makayah is priceless.

Josh said...

[eQ] MEMANG BANYAK KERJA!!! Rasanye starbuck kena brush aside... aiyooooo

[Lifebook] hey thanks my friend.

[Axim] Yah, and I believe you would do the same too. Family is more important.

Josh said...

[Sunshine] Hi there! welcome to my blog! It's an honour to have you here.
I had not been good, so am trying to be good boy to redeem my wrong doings. hehehehe

[Putu] Kaaaaan! thanks.

[Pinky] yes, it's really priceless.

Anonymous said...

BRAVO

azizi said...

you have made it!
"jgn jd hamba kerja" ;-)
bet you had so much fun then!

Lily.Lulu said...

thats true josh
family comes first

so, enjoy ur holiday !
:)

Josh said...

[Anon] Tenkiuu

[Azizi] O ya, i had tons of fun with them!! jangan jadi hamba kerja!

[Lily] Thanks. Family comes first alright.

[danial][ma] said...

hej! Josh...'Family First' by Whitney Houston...;-)

kak ja said...

Beruntung ur parents dpt anak mcm Josh..

Satu keputusan yg sgt bijaksana, Josh!!

syukur said...

Josh...agree with u 100 %.... jiran tetangga macam i tak nak bawa sekali ?? he he he

syukur said...

Josh...agree with u 100 %.... jiran tetangga macam i tak nak bawa sekali ?? he he he

The Sometimes Speechless said...

aaaa josh.. terharu baca entry ni :)
-Anom-

budleee said...

indeed...

brave one to do so josh :)
*bukanya memonteng kaan ;) dah plan awal2

Cath J said...

Ohh..org swak yer?? ^_^

rerama salju said...

Tahniah Josh...

nanti bila JOsh ada anak,I percaya anak Josh akan buat benda yang sama pada Josh,What goes arround come arround...

Josh said...

[Danial] Ada ker lagu tu?? i don't know leh.

[Kak Ja] Tenkiu tenkiu. I'm sure you would do the same.

[Syuk] hahahaha..... family first, friend 2nd, jiran tetangga 3rd. boleh? hahahah

Josh said...

[Anom] ;-D we got to do the right thing to our family.

[Bud] kita x ponteng. Diaorang yg lewat. kaaaaan!

[CJ] Baru tau kerr?? hehehe Kita dari Pulau yang sama. kan?

Josh said...

[Rerama] Amen to your comment! hehehe...