Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Life Begins at Forty?

Originally, the phrase 'Life Begins at Forty' gave meaning far different from what we comprehend now a days. Well, at least according to this website.

I turned 40 last November, and indeed, tremendous change happened in my life. I began to look at life differently. And just about a week ago, I look at things differently. Via a pair of glasses, that is :-D
But frankly, I was uncomfortable with them and had tried hard to get used to the 'through the glasses' vision. Like it or not, I need them. I find it hard to read nowadays. In my profession, I just can't run away from reading. I read tons of books, articles, journals, and of course, National Geographic Magazine. Reading was a pleasure until recently, when i eye sight begin to deteriorate. A single visit to the optometrist had resulted in getting this pair of glasses.  

At least I still look good, even with the glasses. Kan? :-P
I love the humour of Kak Ja when she wrote this in my Facebook status:

bulong kakak tua
hinggap di jendela
ah josh sdh tua
matanya tambah dua..


I got to admit, I'm getting old. But, life begins at forty? I guess it's true. Great things happened when i reached 40. And being able to spend quality time with baby Justin and family at this age is really a blessing too. 

Yah, life begins at forty. How many of you had joined this 'club' of forty? :-D



12 comments:

Pakcik Kopi said...

Papa Joshy.. no matter what.. you're such a good friend, husband to your wife and a father to your son... and all of us love you and yes.. I cant wait to join your club.. LOL

PUTUBAMBU said...

Josh bila dah 40 ni..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
makin ensem pulak..! ekkeke

* suka tgk gambor bawah tu.. you and justin makan fries..

Josh said...

[Uncle Nik] Awww.... so sweet of you. Thanks. And you're a great friend yourself, am glad to have u as friend. Bila Uncle Nik nak join club nih? tahun depan? :-P

Josh said...

[Putu] Waaa...... terus girang bila baca comment Auntie putu :-D
Thanks, gambar tu wife yg ambik, masa gi kenduri kawin Pinky haritu. Justin memang suka kalo kita 'share-share' makanan ngan dia pakai cara tu.

CathJ said...

You are 40??? weiiii... look sooooooooooooooooo much younger...

so.. be happy.. ^_^

Josh said...

[CJ] Really?? *sambil tengok cermin...
Now I'm really happy. Thanks :-D

sizuka said...

dr...
u dah 40 ker?? betul ker?? haha..seriously i tought u in range of 35 years..nway..ala..pakai spek jer kan..u still cute n ensem lor..

;)

p/s: jangan tengok cermin yerr :P

Josh said...

[sizuka] Hahahahhaa.... really?? thanks.
*Siap berangan-angan takyah tengok cermin dah. hahahaha

yazrie said...

Takde ke Life begins at 30s?? Opss

Josh said...

[Yaz] Ada. Tapi kalo life begins at 30s, dia mati umur 45. Oooops lagi.

Ayu Rashid said...

hi Dr. Yap. remember me?
time flies very fast. 30/3/12 genap 2 tahun i tinggalkan unisel. hahahhahaa. good luck to u ya!

Dewi Aja said...

Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website kami www.kumpulbagi.com atau www.facebook.com/kumpulbagi/ untuk info selengkapnya.

Di sana anda bisa dengan bebas share dan mendowload foto-foto keluarga dan trip, music, video, filem dll dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)