Sunday, June 6, 2010

Serenity in Kimchiland

Some must be wondering why i didn't update my blog as frequent as before. The fact is, I was pretty down and stressed out for the past month. The pressures and the stresses at my work place hiked up unnoticed. Lets put it this way, you're forced to shift to a new house without your consent, and the new house is far from completion with incomplete facilities. To add salt to the wound, your opinion, concerns and expertise were never taken into consideration. You were treated like a bunch of factory operators even though you've got a PhD degree and generating new knowledges for the next generation. That's how we felt. Sucks.

I had this plan months ago, to go visit the Kimchiland ~ Korea with my church members. It so happen that this trip comes in during the height of my stress. I guess God is listening to my prayers :-D

In Kimchiland, we had been served with kimchi in every meal we had. On top of that, the food were yummy!

Two of my favourites are the hotpot, and barbecue beef.


But the main purpose of going there was not to jalan-jalan cari makan but to experience the evangelism explosion in Korea and to witness how the Korean hold to their faith in times of difficulty. We stayed in Bupyeong Methodist Church with 5 star accomodation.


It was during the stay here that i found serenity in life. We woke up at 4.30am and attended their morning prayer meeting, accompanied by hundreds of other local christians. Our days was filled with various lectures, sharing, testimonies, fellowship and visits to other churches. The best moment came when we visited this well-known Prayer Mountain in Seoul. We got ourselves a small room, and i spent hours of quiet moment in that tiny enclosure.

Now, back to 'reality', I'm ready to heed the challenges ahead. Cause I'm energized now :-D

9 comments:

The Sometimes Speechless said...

Josh, did u try the albab rice? I love it! Cho aiyo! Salmon masak ala2 asam pedas pun begitu lazat sekali...

Josh said...

[Speechless] Oh yes i did!!! super yummy! but ada ker salmon masak ala-ala asam pedas??

Saa Bello said...

Hmm..BBQ beef (sounds delicious)i'd say there's nothing more refreshing than spending hours of quiet moments..its a real booster and am glad you went for the trip at a time like this..(inspirational trip)because you are ready to heed the challenges ahead..^-^ I pray everything favors us in the best way.
- Salihu;-)

Josh said...

[Salihu] Hi, thanks for the comment. And thanks for the thought too. Indeed i had great time spending quiet moment there. Hopefully, i'll be able to strike ahead.

王周宏儒 said...

Say not all that you know, believe not all that you hear. ............................................................

Cath J said...

Good to hear that you were energized...

Josh said...

[CJ] Thanks!

Shuhada Shah said...

Hai Dr.
I believe that you are my lecture even though I'm former student in BJ, and my course have nothing in common to with what you teach. And it bring back memory when you said that nobody listen any of our opinion no matter any qualification you earn. During my years, the only they listen to us when 'things' happened. It make me question myself, is the management only act when we ask them to do. Where is value of our need and voice? And the same problem happen. Nobody listen to nobody. Haih. This problem only jeopardize the student right in no matter you in BJ or SA. The decision not fair for student and the lecture. I hope that you be patient dont lose the passion to teach, because The University need lecture like you. All my pray be with you. Sorry terpanjang =)

Josh said...

[Shuhada] Hi there. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Well, their actions reflect their mentality and quality. Nothing much we can do, we can also change ourselves for the better.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm just curious wondering how u came to know me.