Monday, April 19, 2010

Junction ~ the dilemma

I knew it. Sooner or later this thing will come again. It happened two years ago and was not materialized. February this year, the wave came again, wanting our office to be moved to a far-away-land. To our dismay, three months had passed, yet not much had been done by 'them'. The future of our office is yet to be certain. Thus, i'm getting nearer to the Junction of dilemma.

Today, traveling to work takes up two hours of my day. If the shifting is certain, commuting from home to office will take 2 and a half hours. Five hours out of my 24 hours will be spent on the road. I leave my office around 7.00pm almost everyday, due to the tons of work waiting to be completed. If i were to work at the new place, I might reach home after 9pm. Definitely not the kind of life i wanted to have.

Shift my home nearer to workplace? Out of the story. If i were to choose between family and work, family is definitely my priority. Period.

Leave this workplace and find a greener pasture? Possible. In fact, i had received some offers. However, my heart is still with my current workplace. I love my colleagues. I love my students.

Somehow i'll have to make my choice, for my future, and the future of my family.

Oh God, grant me a heart with humility and the wisdom to make the right choice. Amen.

15 comments:

:: NbC :: said...

Josh,

i dun hv to say anything nor giving any advice - u know better. Choose the best in life, for u hv choices now. All the best..!

Josh said...

[Pinky] You're very right Pinky. I'd almost made up my mind. It's only a matter of time. Thanks Pinky.

ainmuttaqin said...

If you asked my opinion, you already know the answer..move forward Josh!A lot of new thing waiting..For me, i'm really happy with decision that I've made 2 years ago..Tepuk dada tanya diri..hihihi

sangai biru said...

kami juga sayang doc...tp yg pntg famili first...'aiman2' atas sana mmg xpenah kesah..tak tahu pe rasional pndah bila kemampuan melengkapkan kemudahan boleh dpertikai...moga doc success dimane2 pon:)

PUTUBAMBU said...

sian Josh...
mmg susah kalau nak buat decision..
ape2hal pun.. family comes first okay...

Josh said...

[Ain-ain] Yeah, you'd made the right choice. Perhaps you'd not gone through the ups and downs from the beginning. I on the other hand, witnessed the changes from beginning. The feeling is there. Well, i guess life goes on. But Mak Mah kata susah nak join your place tahun ni. Takde vote no. for it.

[Sangai Biru] Thanks for the thought. I'm still very worried with your batch, especially when u all entering the final year with research projects. I'll make up my choice when the time comes. :-D

Josh said...

[Putu] Yes, family first. Thanks.

kok@un said...

人总是害怕改变,安于现状。
有时候,换一换环境未尝是错的抉择。
广东有句话,“鱼唔过塘,唔知肥”。

有得必有失。
只看你个人如何取舍。

深思熟虑后,如果认为是对的,
那就勇往直前吧!
明天会更好!

ainmuttaqin said...

Yeah i understand your feeling..tempat jatuh lagi dikenangkan..tapi kena juga fikir diri n family..kalau org tak hargai kita buat apa nk tunggu lagi kan..mmg vot utk 2010 xde utk perjawatan baru..dapat offer kt mana tu??

Josh said...

[kok@un] Thanks.

[Ain-ain] Offer kat mana tu biarlah rahsia. Satu tu bukan academic, satu lagi, erm... confirm takde chance do research.

AzA said...

Dilemma..
Yup...friends & penat lelah lama tu yg mahal kan?
Kalau Josh betul2 g kali ni sure ramai yg akan terasa..sob..sob
kalau blh jgn la tp kesian jg nk travel jauh2 mcm tu..family adalah segala2 nye utk kita kan..
Puan A

Josh said...

[Aza] A'ah, segala 'memori indah' ada kat situ. Yang kita boleh harapkan sekarang, ia tak jadi. :-P

shilawali said...

Alamak this is so sad & heart wrenching... But I agree with you ... whatever it is family comes first...

The most important thing is "Saya sayang fakulti ini & everything that comes with it (my work, colleagues, students ...)". Sedih laaarrr

Josh said...

[Pn Shila] A'ah, really sad. Somehow we have to face it.
I do agree with u, we still love our work place and all that comes with it.

Dania said...

hi Dr. Yap... ayu cute here... haha!

setuju!
family 1st... wp i sayang unisel... tp ada ke unisel sayang i? hahhaa...

no matter what, syukur, i'm happy wiyh my decision... tgk anak membesar depan mata is the best thing in my life...

*after almost 2 months resign... biler pk semula -->nak ke aku keje balik kat mana2? dan dan tu jugak i jwb sendiri..NO NO NO...

tapi tatau la dalam masa2 akan dtg kan... tp 2010 is my time to ENJOY!!!