Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Memorable Kota Bharu Trip

Part of my job requires me to travel to various places, either to do some road shows (yah, road show), meetings, exhibitions and even students evaluations. I was in Kota Bharu to do some evaluation and my trip was planned in advance. What was my plan? To arrange my schedule and get a friend to show me good foods in Kota Bharu!! hehehehe...

Introducing my buddy, and my tour guide Nik.

True to his blog's name 'Pakcik Kopi', Nik is an avid coffee lover. He writes great Malay poems too.

Since he'd just got himself a DSLR, we spent time exchanging ideas, useful tips and what not.


Thanks to my tour guide, i was literally stuffed with food, from the moment i stepped into his car, brought me to various eateries, all the way to the return to my hotel room. I gained 2 kg in two days! hahahaha..

Pictures speaks louder then words. Here're some photos of the wonderful food i had:
Solok ikan. First time trying this one. The flesh of the fish was minced, added with grated coconut and spices before sticking back to the fish head and deep fried. Tasted superb!

Nasi Kerabu, my all time favourite!!! Goes well with the solok and the ayam percik. Well, usually the rice is blue but this one is white. I love the raw vegie!!

Another favourite of mine, the Ayam Percik. In fact, i love all the 'percik' thingy. Ikan percik, perut ayam percik, you name it.


The Solok Lada. Chili stuffed with fish meat and spices. The chili was interestingly crunchy.

First time in hearing and tasting Nasi Tumpang. Interestingly, it tasted like nasi impit with various 'goodies' inside, layer by layer. Must try if you haven't try it.

Another first time: Pulut Ikan Kering. Glutinous rice served with salted grated coconut and deep fried fish. It may look simple, but it tasted awesome!

Me eating away with hand. The blue coloured nasi kerabu was yummy.

I'm salivating as I write this entry.... My thousand thanks to my dear friend Nik that not only he stuffed me with food, he brought me to various interesting places in KB too. Not to mention having thick and aromatic coffee at kopitiam around 1.00am. Hahahaha... Nik, thanks again!

More 'interesting food of KB' coming up.

37 comments:

[danial][ma] said...

hej! Josh...i don't like this posting...heheheheh...

ChekguSekolah said...

owh no..

i miss nasi kerabu..

Amazingly Azlynn said...

hye josh!

i've been following your blog since last year..:)nice blog n pics...

well, i also just came back from KB (last 2 weeks..n know what? since you're enjoying your food with nik, i was with his wife, also enjoying food n bowling..hehehe...

but the best thing about KB is its FOOD...did u try the Restoran Nasi Ulam behind Istana Jahar? Superb!!! Fresh greeny ulam(s)..haha..must try k!

eQbalzack said...

eh! muka member atas tu mcm sama je la dgn muka josh...hehe

Pn. Lala said...

Eh .... ni pegi makan ker pegi evaluate student?

Flight ari tu senang tak nak take off? Takut lebih muatan jer...

Fzreenz said...

makan makan..yum yum

ArnabGumuk said...

sedapnyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa makanan2 kat sana!!!

CasanovaXXL said...

You're most welcome Joshy... Hey... When is your next trip??? Next time time make sure u come for at least 2 nite 3 days ok??? AT LEAST!!!! so I can bring you to those nice places and yummy foods... huhuhuhu ;p

Azlynn... hehehehehe... well next time come when I am around... ;p

Amazingly Azlynn said...

casanovaXXL: I came when u WERE around hokkeyy...hahahaha..:D

next time, u MUST come tawww! lalala...

CasanovaXXL said...

Azlynn: Errr I am around meaning.. I am there and not busy with other stuff... hahahaha.. Okie2...

Amazingly Azlynn said...

casanovaXXL : okey2...i'll come and i'll wait and i'll make sure that u'll come...haha

hey...camne nak add FB u?

Josh said...

[Danial] I know, and I'm sure MANY people don't like this posting too. hehehehehe

[Chegusekolah] Well, u can always go and buy some. Nasi kerabu is available almost everywhere nowadays. :-D

Josh said...

[Azlynn] Thanks for reading my blog. I'm glad u like to read.
Ooooo....You're Nik's wife's friend lah nih? IC IC. we shall meet one day then. Nik tak bawak pun Josh gi kedai yg Azlynn cakap tu. Next time yah.

[eQ] Biar betul?? Nik is much much more handsome then me laah, walaupun Josh hensem jugak. hahahahaha

Josh said...

[Puan Lala] Kita multi-tasking la. Sambil evaluate sambil makan. Boleh?
Ayat kedua tu ayat jeles. Abaikan, tak perlu dilayan yer. :-P

[Reen-reen] That's the fun part of travelling.

Josh said...

[Arnab Gumuk] Bukan setakat makanan jer yang sedap tau, banyak lagi yg sedap kat KB. Hujung tahun nak ke situ kan?? jom jom!

[Cassanova] Tenkiuuuuuu once again! OK, next time Josh make sure at least tiga hari dua malam! haritu dua hari satu malam memang tak cukup. Belum sempat shopping sakan. :-P
By the way, I miss the air cendol!

Josh said...

[Azlynn] Ow... Boss Nik tak free ek masa u gi situ?? aisey... rugi, rugi. Nik is a good tour guide! Pastikan dia free kalo nak gi lagi.

[Casanova] Nasib baik Josh plan in advance kan?

Amazingly Azlynn said...

josh: nik is a good tour guide ek? errrr....ok, next time i'll book him..and also his wife..haha..

nik: see??? josh promoted ur service too me..next time, be there k! hehehe...:P

ainmuttaqin said...

amboi nie sambil menyelam minum air nie...best nyer trip josh..ada makan2...

arsaili said...

hi...nice blog..but i cant restrain myself to comment on my fav nasi kerabu...im counting days for next nasi kerabu..iskkkkk...yummylicious

Inah said...

:(
:(
:(
:(

u make me wanna go back!!

uncle josh ni :P

wahaza extra said...

I miss the uniqueness of Kelantan food; Have to arrange another trip back home;

Anak Jawa said...

mcm penah kulihat muka Nik itu, tp di mana yaaaaa????

kat mana yer wahaza? hehehehehe

azizi said...

arghhhh....
this entry is absolutely a mental torturing one. arghhhhh.....
all those things....
all my favs. oh mine!

Josh said...

[Azlynn] A good tour guide and his lovely sporting wife, that's a good combination to bring u around!

[Ain-ain] Sambil-sambil kerja, pandai-pandai ler gi jalan-jalan kan. Yang best boleh makan-makan.

Josh said...

[Arsaili] counting days?? cool. Yah, nasi kerabu is yummilicious.

[Inah] ala, Inah boleh buat sendiri pe. (Boleh ker?) ;-P

Josh said...

[Wawa] oh ya, you should. Kelantan food are just lovely!

[AJ] Cikgu kan pernah join rombongan cik kiah ke KL, masa tu lah Nik jadi tour guide. Kan? kan? Ingat?

[Azizi] Erm... not my fault. It just so happened that I was there and just so happened that I was having those food. Sila la jeles. Oooops. ;-D

Puan Tod said...

Ishk..mcmana bleh mkn smua ni dlm 2 hari je..?

Josh said...

[Puan Tod] For your info, it's only part of what i had lah. Ada banyak lagii!!!!

Puan Tod said...

Ayyoo..ada lg ke? Amazingg...

ArnabGumuk said...

cemanan josh tau hujung tahun ni aku nak ke situ??hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pandai2 je josh ni kan??tp mmg betul pon..tinggal lagi tak confirm la..

Josh said...

[Puan Tod-tod] Memang amazing pun. baru tau ker??

[Arnab] Josh ada 6th sense, lepas Arnab baca entry nih terus teruja dan akan buat perancangan untuk datang sini hujung tahun. Betul tak? :-P

Pn. Lala said...

Isy ... isy ...isy. Tengok tu Pn. Tod dr. sana pon x sempat mkn sumer tu. Ni pegi 2 hari boleh sempat?

Hmmm ..... I wonder.....

Rasanya kapal terbang ari tu mesti tercepat touch down kat runway tu...sbb rasa cam berat je dr KB...

Kembara Musafir said...

huaaa...!! dahsat tuh...!! never mind... after raya, will be my turn...!! Langkawi & KB, here I come...!! :)

kak ja said...

Lapppaaaqqqqq!!!!!

Josh said...

[Puan Lala] Aiyo... tak habis-habis dengan ayat-ayat jeles yerrr... :-P

[Kingkong] Ooooo... nak lawan yer ?? Psst, I'm sure u can eat more then me, Kan? kan?

Back for raya?? Cool!

[Kak Ja] Jom makaaaaan!!!!

Cath J said...

Wahhhhhhhhhh.... blue rice?? I didn't managed to try during my trip there T_T

Josh said...

[CJ] Aiyaaa..... u should!!!