Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Angry >:(

My trip to Kota Bahru last weekend was fun, until I saw these when I strolled inside Pasar Siti Khadijah to buy some souvenirs.


It just got into my nerve to see this people happily selling of the eggs of near-extinct turtles. Reports by our locally known expert Prof. Chan can be found here "Extinction Threat" The WWF Malaysia also reported such threat here "Turtles" My observation shows that there were as many as 6 stalls selling turtle eggs, each with a basin full, or two. Gosshhh.....

I can tolerate many things, but this was just too much for me to bear. As a conservationist and a nature lover, I want my son Justin to enjoy the nature as much as I do now. Unfortunately, with such inhumane practice, and the disgusting appetite of those who want to purchase and consume these eggs, I'm afraid baby Justin will not be able to enjoy such pleasure when he grow up.

Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!! YES, I AM STILL ANGRY!

11 comments:

@xiM said...

i like to eat telur penyu..

does that mean you angry with me too?

:p

The Sometimes Speechless said...

turtle eggs... shark fin... a nature lover dilemma... it's a real problem, but a lot of people still haven't realized it yet *sigh*

Josh said...

[Axim] Hahahaha.... let put it this way, I used to take turtle eggs when I was a little kid, simply because I was always sick and my parents believe that the eggs are nutritive enough to boost my health. But now that i know the implications of taking turtle eggs to the environment and our future, I refuse to take them.
Well, I do wish u can do the same. Boleh kan? :-D

[Sometimes Speechless] Yah, really sad. And most Chinese love those thing and they just don't understand the consequences of their crave for these food. Sigh.....

Beruang Madu said...

Alamak... abg selalu confuse lah nak letak mana komen kat blog Josh nih... dah tiba nak kena tukar template nih Josh...

Ni cerita pasal shell tu yer... yang Josh tengok tu sikit tapi kalau Josh ke Pasar Jalan Gaya... pehhhh melambak lambak... lagi kalau ke Kudat sana.. diorang bukan ambil siput yg dah mati saja tapi yg hidup pun diorang sapu jugak dah tu bunuh... kejam sangat...

Josh said...

[Beruang Madu] O ye ke bang? ok, Josh dah buang icon email tu. Josh rasa ramai yg confuse tersilap tekan icon tu. Kan?

Ooo... ada banyak lagi kerr?? Nasib baik Josh tak nampak. Mau meletup Josh kalo tengok benda-benda tu dia musnahkan camtu. Ishh....

tsar said...

lama tak menjenguk your blog ni. oops.
anyway, there's an article in today's Star. Harap2 tak hangat2 taik ayam.

Josh said...

[tsar] thanks for the info in the Star. I do hope the authority will do something stern to stop those poaching activities.

Cath J said...

OMGosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they should be fined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh said...

[CJ] I lagi jahat, put them in jail. hehehe

Fzreenz said...

huhuhu..last week i went to tumec(trengganu)..they said most of the turtle's egg sold in the market are unfertilized eggs..so no problem if we sold them..

Josh said...

[Fzreenz] That's nonsence. Simple as that.