Thursday, September 2, 2010

Half Naked at Icy Cold Waterfall!

Well, I reckon the title would attract some attention. hahahaha....

One activity that was so memorable to me during my last visit to Kota Kinabalu recently was the day trip to Mahua Waterfall. The fact is, I haven't been to any waterfall nor mandi-manda at streams for ages. The last time was probably twenty years ago, during my varsity days. Thanks to Dr. Shah and Abg Yazid, my sweet memories of splashing and swimming at streams was rekindled.

The journey to this waterfall from KK took us approximately one and a half hours. But the one and a half hours drive was not boring at all, as we passed by many scenic views of the mountains and valleys, like this one.
Together with our blogger friend Wahaza Extra, and Dr. Shah's friend Iskandar, the drive was filled with laughters.

One was required to hike for about 30 minutes from the entrance (RM3 was charged per person per entry) of the area to this magnificent waterfall. No, the hike was not tiring at all, as the park was filled with wonders of God's creation. Huge trees, shady path, interestingly unique ferns, serene view.... ahh.... I would love to spend hours there again if i got the chance.
The fall was approximately 20m in height, and the water was ICY COLD! It's like taking a dip in a pool of water that had just retrieved from the fridge! I would say it's around 10 degree Celcius or lower. The roar of the waterfall was hypnotizing. I love the view.


Then we took off our shirts (err.... only two of us), and I put on my sexy and tiny triangular-shaped swimming trunk before dipping into the cold water. Ooooooo.......it was cold! We spent roughly 10 minutes in the pool before some starts to shiver.

The trip was memorable. Thanks to Dr. Shah's water-proof camera, we took tons of sexy photos. hahahahaha....

10 comments:

:: NbC :: said...

Daddy, can we hv those sexy photos pls, haha

Josh said...

[Pinky] Errr.... Auntie Pinky, it's too sexy to be shown her lar.. Ppstt, boleh tengok kat FB Dr. Shah, in his photo album. :-P

CathJ said...

wow beautiful!!! I never been here...actually never heard of the name... shame on me.. ;-p

Josh said...

[CJ] Aiyo... err... shame on you :-P
Actually, that's normal. We don't usually explore our own kampung. Same goes with me. I don't know much about my kampung except a few well known tourist spots. :-P

azizi said...

hmm, imagine how it would be if there were dolly parton and paris hilton did the same. ;-)
....

Josh said...

[Azizi] Errm... then we'll see lots and lots of baloons. :-P

syukur said...

wow....KK is nice ! Glad you had great time there

Josh said...

[Syukur] Oh yes Syuk, KK is nice!!

budleee said...

well josh, bila lagi nak gi picnic kat sg chongkak, it will be really nice and the water there is "cetek" enough for justin to play around..

Josh said...

[Budlee] Soon, probably end of this month as our church is going to organise a picnic there, can't wait to snap more photos. hehehe